Tuesday, September 12, 2006

i like television


It's weird to say, but i do. Only animation. Somehow watching actual people do actual things is less (believable? entertaining? watchable?) fun to me than watching animated characters do actual things.

It all started with a milkshake. A milkshake who said things like "you have the computer, look it up" and " I will...redden their buttocks." and "Teeth are for gay people." I loathed that milkshake. I especially loathed how the milkshake would suddenly posses my fiance, at inappropriate times of the early morning, or when we were being serious, or making out or in the throes of power tool usage.

Then something changed for me. I started to love the milkshake. I found myself possessed of this same desire to say "I am the Leader! Make us a pool, from the Sky!" and "Come up to room for drink, nude be me!" My self esteem didn't plummet. Nothing came out of my nose inappropriately. Somehow, I didn't feel stupider.

Coming to terms with my love of the milkshake allowed me to move on to other, harder animation. I started watching Drawn Together, and singing ripoff disney songs to myself. Then I discovered the joy of lying in bed, watching cartoons from adult swim. And that has improved everything. Everything.

I'm fully 'onna change my name to Nathan Explosion and drive the Kennedy assasination-mobile. Or I want to, anyway.

No comments: