Friday, July 14, 2006

what if?

Tho I hate hate hate playing the "what if..." game, I have to wonder, if our country had a president more people could respect, would we still see the proliferation of totally ridiculous computer-edited video & audio clips of their words?
I can imagine a Bill Clinton cover of Cause I got High or Al Gore singing We are the Robots...

Here is GW's cover of Sunday Bloody Sunday. Then I also found a State of the Union Address, which I believe is a video / no soundtrack version of the excellent Cloud Cult mixup. (it's track 14, if you want to check it.)

Do you think the internet will be as cruel to our next Prez? Or do we just have to wait & see how much of a fuckup he will be?

1 comment:

super jive said...

I was just talking about "because I Got High" yesterday.

That Bush video made me sad. I loved how the creators put their URL right in the middle, out of his mouth. Geenus!