Thursday, March 02, 2006

getting older, one day at a time

I have very recently (day-before-yesterday) gotten older. Not in the sense that we each age momentarily (by the time this is posted, i will have aged significantly, as i am a slow-poster) but in the sense that when i am taking a survey or filling out a form, i will now be part of the 28-36 demographic and not the 21-27.
To commemorate this once-in-a-lifetime occasion, Scott Jones & I went to one of my favorite places in the world, cannon beach oregon. In the summertime, cannon beach is chock-a-block with families, children recreating all over my personal space. In the wintertime, cannon beach the town seems to be under construction, and cannon beach the beach seems to have maybe 10 people on it at a time, about 4 of whom appear to be uptight and gay, one of whom will have at least 3 dogs, one of whom will be old and angry, and the rest will be young couples trying to get a good deal on the hotels in the area. We definitely got a good deal.
The beach was stunning. Waves crashing against haystack rock, starfish & seagulls everywhere, standing at the edge of the pacific with my favorite person - I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Good wine, amazing food, and SO MUCH LAUGHING. I can't tell you everything we laughed at, but my stomach still hurts.

Thank you Scott Jones, and thank you Cannon Beach. Y'all are awesome.

1 comment:

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

You know your beaches dude!